A few weeks before the end of the year, the analysis begins on the initiatives that may be a trend at the digital marketing level, in this case the report has been made by Headway Digital , a programmatic media buying company, which is committed to aspects such as Native Video or the Mobile app promotion. As stated by Martín Kogan, CEO and co-founder of Headway Digital, “2015 was a great year for digital marketing: Advances in viewability, the boom in mobile marketing, the great adoption of programmatic buying and digital audiences, were only some of the hot topics in the industry. “
Taking the previous panorama, the following are 8 trends that will stand out in digital marketing during 2016:
- Mobile app promotion. “Smartphones and tablets will continue to transform the digital marketing ecosystem. M-commerce will continue to develop, stimulating purchases through smartphones and tablets to exceed US $ 252 billion in 2020 (according to Forrester Research). At the same time, the time that users spend on their mobiles will continue to expand, largely Cayman Island Phone Number List due to mobile applications (emarketer). Users are expected to spend an average of 3 hours and 15 minutes using apps in 2016 (up from 2 hours and 51 minutes in 2014). It is for this reason that brands will compete strongly to position themselves in the apps stores.
- Native Video . Another trend that has been growing steadily since 2011 is the consumption of online video. Adults consume an average of 5.5 hours of video per day and it is expected that in 2017 74% of mobile traffic will come from video. What is the video format that is consolidating towards 2016? The native videos. According to a ComScore study, this is the format with the highest growth in mobile advertising. Best practices will include short videos, which will capture the attention of users in the first 3 seconds. In addition, it is recommended that the strategy does not depend on the audio, since many users disable the sound while scrolling.
- Social Media . With a trend towards real-time very marked, applications such as Periscope and Snapchat will continue to bring immediacy to the fore. Traditional Social Media Marketing strategies such as content, contests and applications will no longer be enough. Social Media stopped being “managing the free” to become “the opportunity to connect with users with advanced segmentation tools”. The market will then point towards Social Ads. Advertisers, through programmatic buying, will be able to access 100% social media inventory to optimize each campaign objective in a granular and comprehensive way.
- Connected ID . One of the big concerns for advertisers this year was how to achieve a single view of the user across multiple devices. The solution will come from the Connected ID, the user’s registration through a marketing platform that allows knowing when and where the user sees an ad. It will be possible for advertisers to carry out specific campaigns for each medium, knowing where the consumer is in the funnel, and thus, create a more robust profile of each audience, personalize the message and generate better results in their campaigns.
- Accurate data . Digital audience data continues to refine. One of the main reasons is the increasingly widespread use of mobile devices. According to eMarketer, in 2016 the number of users with a smartphone will rise to 2 billion, a figure that will grow to 2.56 billion in 2018. This will imply more data of interest, purchases, navigation, and location, among others, as well as , more opportunities for advertisers.
- Micro moments and personalization . Now, this audience data is a great challenge: precisely how to use it intelligently, that is, personalizing the messages in each of the “ micro moments ” in which the consumer comes into contact with them. Consumers no longer expect brands to speak to them all the time, and with the same message, but only when they want. Each device Brother Cell Phone List has its own ID, therefore, advertisers will have the opportunity to reach their desired audience, with the right message and at the right time, with greater precision than ever. This trend will not only continue in 2016, but will extend to new levels, demanding a true 1-to-1 relationship with the consumer.
- Programmatic . In 2015 we saw an increasing adoption of programmatic buying. According to estimates by eMarketer, the market for programmatic buying will continue to evolve thanks to mobile devices and the influence that these have on social media, videos and native advertising. Compared to the US $ 9.33 billion that will be invested this year in mobile display, it is expected that in 2016 the investment will reach US $ 14.89 billion in the United States alone.
- Latin America on the rise . One of the most thriving regions for advertising investment is Latin America: this year it has a robust and growing mobile market (smartphone penetration is expected to be 57% in 2019), one of the highest rates of use of social networks (95% of Internet users participate in at least one social network), and an expanding programmatic market. Programmatic buying accounted for 35% of total display advertising in 2014, it is expected to represent 61% in 2018. Without a doubt, this is an optimal region for investment and innovation, as the latest trends seem blend perfectly with the customs and customs of its inhabitants, and this condition is extremely positive for advertisers.